Labels

01 July 2010

Have baby, must feed... even when you're out.

I keep promising to post these photos of my latest attempt at getting the 'feeding cloth' right.

I was very happy to find Burnt Street upholstery materials in Seaforth.  There's a whole group of shops devoted to all things fabric.  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! 

Anyway, I fell in love with this fabric.  It's double sided and the colours are wonderful.  My pictures don't really do them justice.  I did take New Mum Chicks advice on board and I made these cloths smaller and inserted a double row of 'bones' to make the hoop stiffer. 


Idea being you slip the strap over your neck, there's a buckle adjustment (non-slip) and I've made a knot so that the material can't slip out too far.

Baby goes under the cloth.  You can watch what baby does and baby can see you, but nobody else can see.

Baby likes the 'secure' environment. Mum keeps her dignity intact.





See, good strong boning this time around. Apparently, you can wash it in the machine.

Off to cook dinner.

April Blackbird

6 comments:

ChickieChirps said...

I love it April! It is such a great idea and the fabric is gorgeous!

Arabella

Anonymous said...

Oooo, go into production!! What a fabulous idea. I am in constant negotiation with my small man and a muslin wrap to keep from showing all my wares to the lovely Spanish folk. Well done on the creativity!
Bookie-Bird

Anonymous said...

An inspiration! And from one who spends many hours negotiating with Mr Wriggly and a muslin cloth to avoid showing my wares to the lovely Spanish folk - I am behind you!
Go into production! Etsy calls...
Bookie-bird

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know, I am a fan of the ones you made me April Blackbird but this one is even more gorgeous! I agree, you should sell them. All the mums at Mothers group admired mine and I think there is a market out there.
New Mum Chick

ChickieChirps said...

Right. Point taken. I shall take myself off to Burnt St Fabrics! :0 - and I think I'm going to make some more 'snuggly' sheets for little people too.

April Blackbird

Anonymous said...

Yes, snuggly sheets, excellent idea. Chickie loves hers .. warm and snuggly, and so tactile too! You should post a picture of the ones you made me!
New Mum Chick