Labels

06 September 2010

Food for thought #5

There's this saying about being 'dealt a hand of cards in life'... can't really remember exactly how it goes or where it comes from, but I know most of us use it (if only in part) quite often.

I've played a few games of Freecell in my time (mostly while I'm talking on the phone) and it never ceases to amuse me how the same 'hand of cards' can be hard to play out one moment, easy as pie the other.

It's just like 'real life' really... the same deck of opportunities and challenges, will play out quite differently at various times of our lives. We can't say it's luck, can we? We'd have to say it's about making the right decisions, at the right time, in the right place.

It's all about how we play the game.

You only 'fail' when you give up trying. So, if at first you don't succeed... hoary old cliche, but so apt.

April Blackbird

No comments: