Labels

02 April 2012

Water, water everywhere... Pollycraft Monday

If you are interested in my 100 Follower Thank You blog candy, please click HERE.

Good morning!  It's a Pollycraft Monday day today!  We hope you enjoyed our choklit challenge last week! There were some delectable entries!  

This week it is the lovely Mary J's turn to challenge us and she has chosen the theme "Water, water everywhere (Spring showers or anything associated with the wet stuff)."  Head on over to the Pollycraft Monday Challenge blog to check out my teamies' fabulous creations!

Our wonderful sponsor this week is My Mum's Craft shop who are offering the winner a £10 gift voucher to spend in store!


Here's my card using Barclay - At Sea



































































He's so cute!  I have coloured Barclay with copics (see photo below) and added glossy accents to his eyes, nose and teeth and Stickles to the water.  The papers are from Crate Paper and October Afternoon and the alpha stickers and Travel the World sticker are also from October Afternoon.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl and the brad is from my stash.  

Here's a close-up of the image:






















I used to make my clouds with Distress Inks, a stencil and a sponge, but lately I find I have more control and get a better result if I just draw them in freehand with copics.  

Here are the copics I used for the image:























I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
The order of the Opus Gluei: Animals/weather
CES Challenges: No Girls Allowed (Male cards)
Crafty Catz: Use a digi

That's it from me for today!  I hope you can join us for the challenge!

Arabella Chickie in Athens




16 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie I love this image so super cute, gorgeous colours too hugs pops x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!! So love your coloring!

Joey said...

Fantastico card hunny, absolutely love your colouring on him! Joey x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

WOW Arabella this is amazing! Your colouring is just perfect and I love those clouds. What colours did you use to make them? I use my distress insk too but sometimes I find it hard to get the right intensity without smudging...

Rachel Parys said...

Your coloring is fantastic!! That squirrel is too cute, and I am really admiring the clouds in the background! Outstanding job!!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, love this card, such an adorable image! HUgs, Frea

Mary J said...

Arabella, this is so fabulous!! Your colouring is even better than usual!

Thx again honey for your email - will no doubt be skype'ing you nearer the time!!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, ooooh another gorgeous card. Love the image, he's so cute!!

Wonderful clouds as well, brilliant that you did them freehand. I think if I did that they'd look more like sheep than anything!!

Sarah

Anita said...

Gorgeous card Arabella. Love your coloring - especially his eyes, they look fabulous. Pretty papers and I really like the way you made the sentiment.

carol said...

Lovely cute card, love the ribbon, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

Cec said...

What a great card. Love the papers and the ribbon. Your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Sheena said...

I always love how bright and cheery your cards are!! Gorgeous Barclay!
Sheena xx

karen said...

Wow this is really FANTASTIC! Love how you put this together, great image too, thanks for joining us at CES this week, karenx

Jennifer said...

This is really fab! Thanks so much for playing at CES....good luck! xx Jenny xx

Rosemary said...

Ah, your blog name already has me smiling! Who wouldn't feel happy looking at pretty things on the Chickie Chirps blog?

This is an adorable card - so much color (LOVELY) and whimsy (sigh, love that) in one place! Guaranteed to make its recipient beam with joy! The coloring of the image is spectacular and the little touches of Stickles in the water and all are a terrific idea.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei, hope we see more from the Chickie Chirps girls!