Labels

04 June 2012

True Blue

Good morning!  Yeah, it's Monday... I wish it wasn't, but there you go... I had every intention of posting over the weekend, but work got in the way and our two day weekend became a one day weekend.  Tomorrow we have a big 20 plus guest trip on the boat for the day and I have to feed them all finger food!  Aahh!! I'm freaking out worrying that we aren't going to have enough food or drink for them!  Ah the worries of a superyacht stewardess whose job role has morphed into more chef than stewardess.

Anyway, enough of my moaning... today I have a Little Miss Muffet card to share with you using several of my fabulous LMM rubber stamps...  If you head over to the Little Miss Muffet stamps blog you will see some awesome Monday Inspiration from my teamies and some previews using the brand new Park Glen Door die!  I would show you mine, but I forgot to take a photo when we got home from work last night, so here's my Iris May Hatter card instead:



































































This colour blue is very striking in real life... I really should use it more often, but I struggle to find matching papers... It seems that most of the papers I buy have more muted tones of blue.  The background paper I have used here is a gift from my lovely blog friend Maria Therese (thanks Maria!).

The pins and buckle are from my stash and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.  The butterfly is a brad from My Mind's Eye.  The stamps I have used are Iris May Hatter, Hatter Hat Stands and the Hatty Birthday sentiment.

Here's a close-up:






















And here are the copics I used:

















And I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Amusing Challenges: Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad: Use Ribbon
The Ribbon Girl: Use Ribbon or Lace

That's it from me for now... gotta run... I've got lots of food prep to do for tomorrow!

Ciao!

Arabella in Athens


12 comments:

Joey said...

Great card Arabella, fabulous colour combo, I am sure you will pull of the party just fine hun! Joey x

Faye said...

Coooey! Sorry to hear your weekend was a bit hectic, don't worry about the finger buffet, it will be fab. :) I rarely use blue, but I should. This is sooooooooo cool, loving all the stamp elements you've used together. Have a great week. xx

Loopylou. said...

hiyah arabella!
ack on the poopy work day hun but oooooh yeye on the gorgeous card!!! love the little hat stands paper behind her too!!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Arabella! Love the colors and papers and cute image! Wonderful coloring and details! Good luck with your little finger food service!

Rachel Parys said...

Oooo, the blue is gorgeous! It's not normally a color I gravitate to either. Super cute embellishments!

eva said...

love how you've colored her up! so pretty!

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Your colouring is amazing, lovely card! Thanks for joining in with The Crafty Pad's Ribbon challenge this week. Estelle xx

Dawn said...

lol! This is just to cute! Fab colours! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Ribbon Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Arabella with lovely colouring! Great colour combo and love the ribbon slider too. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at The Crafty Pad with our "Ribbon" challenge.
Helen x

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card - such a great image and sentiment - love the hatty birthday!! thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge to add ribbon or lace! Mary G x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Love the layout and a great way to use the hatter stands too! Gorgeous coloring, as always. :D Thanks for much for all that you do! *Hugs

Chris said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to hop over and visit your blog - I so appreciate you playing along with my Amusing Challenges last week!

Your coloring is just wonderful - and I love those "hat holders" in the back...she's not giving hers up soon though! Great card, really!